by Lail Ann Haynes
DO YOU EVER FEEL ALONE??????
Sometimes I do….
Most of the time I do…..
In a few ways,
I always do.
No matter how much goodness you fill your life with,
No matter how good you are,
No matter how wonderful people tell you that you are,
No matter the terrific things you do,
The love and generosity you give so willingly,
A part of you always feels
For the hint of a possibility
feel whole for the very first time in your life.
To become one with your shadow
and be okay with that….
The same subconscious thoughts daily from a 31 year survivor of incestuous rape at the hand of the ones she should have been able to trust the most. Just the facts. Yes, it really happens. Yes, there are really bad people out there. No, it is not a certain class, race, etc. it happens in. It happens in regular homes too, just like the one right next door to you. It happens by the ones you would never suspect. It also happens by the ones you would suspect.
In time true colors always come out.
Some just choose to turn their heads and look the other way.
That’s what happened to me.
They turned their heads.
All of them.
I’m not alone.
I’ve got my shadow.
So do they….
(Victim of Jerry Sandusky)
(Matt Sandusky is “a victim of Jerry Sandusky’s abuse”.)
No matter how good life gets,
The hard, cold facts,
Never go away.
They are there waiting with the wake of each brand new day.
I have to be honest.
No sugar coating helps this truth,
No sugar coating RAPE,
I’m sorry to say.
Yet, we find a smile again today.
- Recording: Jerry Sandusky’s son Matt tells police about molestation (pennlive.com)
- Jerry Sandusky trial: Dottie Sandusky says she never saw inappropriate conduct between her husband, alleged victims (pennlive.com)
- Jerry Sandusky Trial: Guilty Verdicts Represent Our Chance to Move On (bleacherreport.com)
- Jerry Sandusky’s Adopted Son: I’m a Victim, Too (people.com)
- Adopted son says Jerry Sandusky molested him – This Just In – CNN.com Blogs (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Sources: Fear of testimony from son kept Sandusky silent (usnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Jerry Sandusky’s Adopted Son Claims He Was Abused and Would Have Testified (bleacherreport.com)